The King's School Cantebury Shenzhen International
Early Years Classroom Teacher/Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher
¥28k-32k/month before tax Shenzhen, Guangdong, China 2 positions available Starting date in 2024-08-19
About The SchoolTo anchor a 21st century education. Learn more about this school
To take responsibility for the academic, social and welfare needs of all children within the class, ensuring that parents are kept fully informed of their child’s progress. All classes in our Pre-Prep have two teachers, one native English speaking and one Chinese, who will co-teach wherever possible, though the two teachers may take separate responsibilities for delivering specialist areas. The ability to work in a team is, therefore, essential.
All Pre-Prep teachers report to the Heads of Pre-Prep and ultimately to the Executive Principal.
School Life and Routines
All teachers have shared responsibility for smooth daily running of the School as an entity - and for maintaining the general ethos, routine and pedagogy in line with the King’s School – as directed by the Heads and the Executive Principal.
In so doing, they should:
- ensure that the School’s rules and policies are maintained
- attend School meetings and public events
- support co-curricular events and activities
Safeguarding, Student Welfare and Pastoral Care
- must ensure that they are fully aware of policies and practices with regard to safeguarding and student welfare
- must ensure that they adhere to the published systems
- must be role models to all students at all times
- must be prepared to do pastoral, tutorial work as designated by school leadership
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for teaching and learning within the designated class as directed by the school leadership
2. Provide evidence of planning of lessons and activities to meet the needs of the students.
3. Ensure children learn from playing, problem solving, questioning, and experimenting.
4. Take responsibility for the implementation of and compliance with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
5. Be prepared to differentiate teaching levels according to students’ age and ability.
6. Monitor behaviour, relationships and social development of the students in the class.
7. Contribute to the co-curricular programme (after school clubs and activities).
8. To supervise students at mealtimes and playtimes as directed by the school leadership team.
9. Communicate with parents about students’ learning and development according to school policy.
10. Participate in Personal and Professional Development (PPD) organised by, or approved by, the School.
11. Communicate with the SENCO (or Heads of Pre-Prep if SENCO unavailable) over any children with specific learning needs.
12. To follow the requirements of the Equality of Opportunity Policy of the School to ensure an environment that is free from prejudice and anti-discriminatory in all aspects.
13. Support the Admissions and Marketing teams by effectively communicating information to prospective families to the School and to provide guidance, support and reassurance.
14. Represent and positively promote the School at local events as required.
15. Perform any reasonable duties as directed by the Heads of Pre-Prep or the Founding Executive
1. meeting one of the following requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree and two years of appropriate teaching experience
• A Bachelor’s degree of Education
• A Bachelor’s degree plus a TEFL qualification or a Teaching Certificate from English native speaking countries
2. If a teacher has a Master’s degree (or above) in Education from a recognised university in one of English native speaking countries, then s/he can apply for a teacher’s work permit even if s/he is not a citizen
3. Native speaker
a) Be professional at all times, in tune with the aims of the School, and always prioritise the students’
b) Be modern and flexible in approach to teaching and learning, prepared to adapt and learn new
methods; fully understand the principles of ‘learning through exploration and play’.
c) Be comfortable and active in the use information technology for data recording, record keeping,
communicating with parents, etc.
d) Show initiative and independence but also be a good team-member.
e) Be willing and open towards areas of self-improvement.
f) Have a good sense of humour.
Salary: ¥28k-32k/month before tax.
Free apartment or housing allowance provided.
Bonus of contract completion.
Annual flight tickets/allowance.
Work visa and permit assistance.
Post date: 2023-10-24