Shanghai Hongrun Boyuan School
High School ESL/English Language Arts Teacher
¥27K-32K/Month Shanghai, China 2 positions available Starting date in 2024-02-01
About The SchoolProvide bilingual or full English pre-university courses (including AP courses) Learn more about this school
Located on a beautiful, ten-acre lakeside campus near the ancient water town of Zhujiajiao in Shanghai’s
western Qingpu district, SHBS was founded in 2018 by a group of lifelong international educators. SHBS is
independently accredited by Cognia and offers a comprehensive American high school curriculum in
conjunction with Griggs International Academy. Current enrollment is 240 in grades 8-12 with anticipated
growth of 25-40 students for Spring 2024. The School has a well-established track record of excellent college
admission outcomes, with students accepted to numerous highly selective institutions in the US, UK,
Canada and beyond. For the past three years SHBS has been included in both the Forbes and Hurun
rankings of the Top 100 International Schools in China. For further information, please see the enclosed
• At least two years’ experience as an educator committed to discussion-, inquiry- and project-based learning
in a student-focused environment; experience with ESL and language arts teaching as well as an
appreciation for students’ longer-term skills development and academic success.
• Intercultural awareness and the flexibility to work in a dynamic, cross-cultural community; patience and
persistence; a collaborative, team-oriented work ethic; and, a good-humored self-awareness.
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters or higher preferred) in English, education or a related field; original credentials
must be available and notarized with apostille and certification from the appropriate Chinese consulate.
• Native/fluent English speaker from the US, UK, NZ, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or South Africa.
• Criminal background check and professional references as required for work in China, as well as the
contact information for a current and most recent supervisor.
• Twenty classroom hours a week (aprx. four periods a day with a workday from 8am – 4pm) in ESL-English
and Language Arts instruction, along with associated planning, student assistance, and evaluation; and, the
support of and contribution to the school’s intellectual community.
• Help organize and advise an extracurricular club or activity with an enthusiastic desire for engagement with
student life in a residential environment.
• Occasional (no more than 3 times per term) assistance on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with
recruitment and admission activities.
• Availability for faculty orientation and planning by 15 February 2024; the school year will conclude late
June 2024. This position will be for an 18 month contract; faculty will return by mid-August for the
• Annual salary, exclusive of local taxes, of RMB 325,000 – 375,000 (aprx. US$45,000 – 52,000) or as
negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
• Local medical insurance and an additional personal healthcare and wellness allowance.
• Support attaining necessary work authorization and residency permit or transfer of work credentials.
• Private on-campus housing with en-suite bath or a negotiated housing allowance.
• Transportation allowance.
• Support for professional development, including conference and workshop attendance.
• Official Chi
Post date: 2023-10-12