This position has been
Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
In 2018, we launched our Shenzhen campus, bringing our popular early childhood program from New York to China’s southern hub of innovation. Today, we are thrilled to have expanded our campus to serve students from two to 18 years of age.
Our Primary Division provides a transformative academic program to engage young minds and promote creative thinking--in two languages. During grades 1-5, students cultivate independent thinking and deepen their understanding of what it means to be a member of a community, through a curricular emphasis on: language immersion in Mandarin and English; inquiry-oriented learning, from the self to the world; and interdisciplinary, creativity-enhancing projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support lead teachers to develop and teach engaging, creative curriculum and lessons in Chinese, aligned with Avenues expectations and approach
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to design learning outcomes, monitor growth, and thoughtfully address individual student needs
- Deeply connect with students, colleagues and parents to uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect
- Invoke a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
- At least 1 year of teaching experience in grades 1-5 with a proven track record of student learning
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing children's wellbeing
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Dedication to learning, reflecting and developing the craft of teaching
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Native Chinese speaker with professional fluency in English
- Actively utilize practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom and amongst colleagues
- Basic Salary: Negotiable
- Housing allowance
- International Insurance and Local Insurance
- Free tuition for child
- other benefits