Primary Substitute Teacher
About The SchoolSchool Vision - to become the innovator of the internationalization of basic education Learn more about this school
Direct Supervisor: Director of lower school
- Native English speaker with excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Bachelor's Degree
- Teacher Certificate / Qualification with proof;
- Previous work experience of teaching in local (public or private) schools in Western countries and/or international schools preferred;
- Flexibility, patience and a strong work ethic;
- Commitment to the value of team work.
1.Plan and teach well structured, differentiated lessons for the following subjects; phonics, English, guided reading, math, science and drama.
2.Contribute to and develop a comprehensive curriculum for All-subjects
3.Contribute to the active, co-curricular program at Tsinglan School
4.Help design and implement Project Based Learning, 21st Century Skills, and Multi-cultural Week for students of different ages (middle school, and high school)
5.Support student learning by collaborating with other teachers and departments of the school, such as supporting English and ESL learning in other subjects and programs
6.Enhance literacy in students; help students with special literary talents move far in this area by recommending opportunities to them and possibly offering extra tutorials
7.Support the school’s commitment to the 4C skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in teaching and working with colleagues
8.Promote cross-cultural understanding among faculty and students
9.Participate actively in curricular work, curricular writing, and professional development within the curriculum group and the faculty at large
10.Whenever possible, become involved in interdisciplinary teaching with colleagues
11.Maintain positive relationships with parents and participate in parent-teacher conferences
12.Offer at least one elective or club for students each semester (if under teaching hours)
13.Occasionally cover classes for colleagues
14.Assist with Foci-Learning Week, Summer School, Study Trips when possible.
15.Assist with other student activities such as PE days, Chinese literature week, Halloween, Christmas shows etc.
16.Assess regularly and thoughtfully, both formatively and summatively, including midterms and final exams
17.Enter attendance records and grading data frequently into Xiaobao and keep parents up to date with student’s progress.
18.Care for all students in class and actively report concerns and accolades regarding students’ progress in class
19.Support and work with the support staff where appropriate, including the admissions officers by writing and grading admissions tests
20.Be flexible, and assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the management.
- 30000 RMB or more monthly salary based on qualifications and previous working experience
- Round-trip flight tickets reimbursement once a year
- Free child education (2 kids outmost)
- Housing allowance
- PD training fund 20000RMB every year
- Paid vacation plus 5 paid days leave
- Work visa support
- Medical Insurance 20000RMB outmost per year
- Free meals for working days)
- Physical check once a year
- Free study-trip during holidays
- Contract Renew Bonus from the third working year
- Performance appraisal bonus
- Other Benefits