Haileybury International School
Senior School Art Teacher
30k-40k / Month Tianjin, China 1 position available Starting date in 2024-02-15
About The SchoolHaileybury has established Australia’s first international school in China. Learn more about this school
An exciting opportunity exists at the forefront of education in China for the right person. Haileybury, the largest independent school in Australia, has established Australia’s first international school in China. The school, situated near Beijing, teaches the Victorian Curriculum of Education (VCE) and has been created to cater for Chinese students who want an international future. We are looking for an experienced Senior School Art Teacher who wants to be part of this future.
The primary responsibility of the Art Teacher is to deliver and promote VCE Art at senior levels within the School.
Teachers should ensure:
• Their delivery of the curriculum caters for students with varying learning styles and ensures best practice in pedagogy in Art.
• They keep up to date with modern teaching practice.
• They use appropriate learning styles for EAL/ESL students.
• That they use a variety of assessment tasks for students to experience success and accurately assess and build levels of student achievement.
• Teachers are expected to participate in co-curricular activities including sport, the arts and/or outdoor activities.
• Teachers are expected to maintain records of classroom attendance
• Report writing in accordance with School policy
• Attend staff and other administrative meetings as required
• Undertake evening study supervision and activities as required
• Attend parent/teacher interviews and promotional events as required.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Ready for a new challenge.
• Flexible and dynamic.
• Enthusiastic and conscientious.
• Strong English speaker.
• Demonstrated knowledge and at least two (2) years’ experience in teaching Art.
• Experience in teaching VCE Art or equivalent other Art curriculum preferred,
such as IB Diploma Art, IGCSE Art and A-Levels.
• Ability to live within a foreign country for an extended period.
• Ability to form a rapport with students and build collaborative working relationships.
• Good verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
• Bilingual Mandarin/English an advantage.
• Sensitivity to the requirements of working in an international setting with non-English speaking families and colleagues.
• Native English speakers
• 25-50 years old
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in subject area.
• Certified Teacher qualification and Registration.
• The successful candidate will be expected to support the vision and ethos of the school.
• Staff must ensure that all decisions, pertaining to their role at Haileybury, are made in line with legislations and Haileybury policies and procedures as
set out in the staff code of conduct and associated policies.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
The full package includes accommodation (2-bedroom apartment or as applicable for family), comprehensive medical insurance, visa and onboard costs, free tuition for children, flight costs as applicable, relocation allowance, gratuity allowance on successful completion of contract
• 2 years contract
• Full pay salary during summer and winter holidays
• Apartment provided outside of the school
• Holidays:October National Day (one week), Winter Break (three weeks in January and February), Mid Semester vacation (one week around April and one week around December) and Summer Break (six weeks in July and August)
• Summer break: From July-August about 5 weeks and 1-week PD
• Winter break: About 3 weeks in January and February, according to the Chinese Lunar New Year and Education Bureau’s teaching calendar
• Working visa provided
Post date: 2023-11-02