This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Shanghai Singapore International School
Senior School Teacher
Negotiable Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-20
About The SchoolWell know institution with long history providing high quality IB Career related program. Learn more about this school
All teachers at SSIS are considered to be part of a “Learning Community.” At SSIS, it is expected that nurturing a healthy professional learning community requires that every teacher (and employee) arrive at these three conclusions:
1. I am a professional. My mission is to ensure learning at high levels for every student, measurable by objective evidence.
2. I learn and I help others learn. My students learn more when I collaborate and learn with other teachers, sharing strategies and comparing evidence.
3. My school is a community, greater than the sum of its parts. It is built out of collaborative teams and disciplined professionals that share and learn from their failures and successes.
Shanghai Singapore International School – Minhang Senior School Teacher
Reports to: Head of Department, Coordinators (Pre-IGCSE, IGCSE, IBDP), Senior School Principal / Assistant Principal
This position will consist of a full-time assignment teaching a subject from grade 7 to 12, depending on scheduling needs and teacher qualifications. The Senior School operates on a 6-period rotating A and B week schedule, and teachers are assigned to teach 20 periods a week. Each period is 56 minutes.
Teachers at SSIS should have:
• Secondary license or certification for teaching the subject
• Successful teaching experience
• Recent training and/or experience in the current curriculum
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others
• A positive attitude
• Ability to differentiate instruction for all learners
• Ability to participate in and establish collaborative structures
• Proven ability to develop successful academic programs
• Willingness to collaborate regularly with colleagues in a positive, constructive manner
• Willingness to moderate assignments at all levels to ensure collective understanding of achievement
• Willingness to reinforce our School Mission and I-4C values
• Ability to use learning data to explore and improve teaching and learning practices
• Ability to engage students in learning activities using a variety of current technologies and online platforms
- A Competitive Salary paid in RMB plus re-signing incentives
- A two-year contract (renewable by mutual agreement)
- Annual flights to and from your point of origin
- Tuition Fee waiver for two dependent children per teaching family
- On-campus Accommodation (depending on vacancy) or Housing Allowance
- Moving Allowance
- Accident / Medical Insurance
- Dependent’s Subsidy Allowance
- Paid Vacation
- School Bus Service to and from school at designated pick-up points
- Lunch during school days
- Laptop Subsidy
- Mobile Phone Allowance
- Continuing Professional Development
Post date: 2021-03-11