About The SchoolProviding transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe Learn more about this school
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York launched in 2011 and currently serves close to 1,700 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus in São Paulo opened in August 2018. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The Technology Integrator plays a vital role in the technology department by developing and encouraging the use of educational technology as a transformative teaching and learning tool. The integrator will drive the adoption of innovative and effective uses of educational technology in an environment, which encourages creative and independent use of technology throughout the school. The position will support our faculty, staff, and students in and out of the classroom through professional development, and active participation in the teaching and learning process. The Technology Integrator works towards curricular innovation as it supports the mission of Avenues. Lastly, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of defined technology integration projects within their assigned expertise.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators, library and media specialists to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities in the following key areas:
Research and Evaluate:
- Research, identify and model innovative tools and trends in academic technology use for N – 12 that support innovative teaching and learning at Avenues.
- Research new and emerging technologies, software and hardware solutions, and their potential impact on teaching and learning.
- Participate directly in technology-related professional development opportunities including self-study, workshops, and conferences on school, state, and national levels.
- Create learning resources for teachers, staff, and students.
- Implement a plan in conjunction with division directors, heads of grade and curriculum specialist, technology department for ongoing training workshops and professional development programs for lower and secondary division faculty and staff.
- Work in conjunction with the broader Information Technology team to support equipment deployment and iPad 1:1, Macbook Air 1:1 and Macbook/iPad 1+1 programs.
- Motivate and support faculty, inside and outside the classroom, in the development of projects and practices that use technology as a transformative teaching and learning tool.
- Advise faculty, division directors, heads of grade, and curriculum specialists on selecting technologies that are age-appropriate and will best contribute to the fulfillment of curriculum goals/objectives.
- Coordinate and teach/co-teach technology courses and clubs.
- Provide individual training opportunities for faculty, staff and students (including just-in-time user trainings), larger workshops, and outside professional development opportunities involving the integration of technology in the classroom.
- Arrange for community outreach, including internal and external speakers and other parent education programs (evenings, coffees, Q & A sessions, etc).
- Support and train faculty in all aspects of our learning management system and student information system.
- Provide onboarding technology (new) faculty, staff and student training
- Assist with basic software and hardware issues
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Experienced educator with a Bachelor’s degree and Masters in Educational Technology or related field
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English is required
- Experience with MacOS, iOS, and practical knowledge of mainstream educational software applications
- An understanding of appropriate uses of technology in the educational setting, Particularly in a 1:1 learning environment.
- Experience working with both ELC/Lower (N-5) and Secondary (6-12) grade levels
- A broad general education and dedication to lifelong learning
- The ability to follow written and verbal direction and take initiative when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills, especially in being a good listener and skill in written and oral communications
- The ability to organize work and set priorities for accomplishing work in a timely and effective manner
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other faculty, staff and school leaders
- Proven ability as an innovative, results oriented, self motivated, energetic, creative problem solver
- Respect the philosophy of the school as set forth in the Avenues mission statement, as well as to be loyal to the institution
- At Avenues, the student is at the center of the system. All teachers are expected to provide encouragement, offer positive reinforcement, show respect for each student and help all students perform at their highest academic level
- Basic Salary:Negotiable depends on Qualification and Experience
- Housing allowance
- International Insurance and Local Insurance
- Free tuition for child
- other benefits