China World Academy
Deputy Principal-Student Life(Foreign or Bilingual)
¥500K-700K/Year Suzhou, Jiangsu, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-20
About The SchoolValues: Respect、Mission、Passion、Excellence、Grit、Independence、Collaboration、Learning by doing Learn more about this school
CWA is an IB school for Chinese students, founded by the founding team of UWC Changshu China (We officially became IB candidate school on 10/17/2019, and our IBIS Code is 061715). It obtains supports from UWC Changshu China and Tsinghua University High School, in terms of curriculum, teaching, and research, faculty, extracurricular activities, and university counseling.
The student life program is essential to the fulfilment of CWA’s mission, values and educational philosophy. The Student Life Vice-Principal provides leadership in maintaining a safe, secure, healthy, and positive living environment that enhances students’ development both academically and personally.
Reports to: Foreign Principal
Line manager to Director of Wellness & Boarding Center, Director of Student Life Office and Director of Student Activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Overall leadership in student life
- Work with Foreign Principal on the design and delivery of residential and health and wellbeing education program in alignment with the academic and IBDP program Provide leadership for the Student Life staff
- Responsible for crisis response and risk management in residential life.
- Act as designated safeguarding taking lead responsibility for all child protection issues at school.
- Develop CWA code of conduct to allow for positive student development.
- Organize and manage the provision of care and variety of support services, including social emotional counselling and physical health to students.Oversees and organizes Parents’ conference (individual as well as calendar scheduled).
- Oversees and organizes night-studies.
- Oversees and organizes school assemblies.
- Monitor and communicate on students’ attendance and leaves of absence.
- Overseas Boarding Heads reports writing
- Works together with the Academic Department (Academic Dean, DPC) to devise the advisory program
2. Residential Life
- Liaises with parents regarding serious concerns arising from student behavior and general welfare within the residential environment.
- Acts as a link between faculty and parents regarding academic issues communication.
- Organizes discipline-related process and procedures.
- Oversees the approved activities program both during the week and at weekends (when applicable)
3. Administrative and personnel management
- Working in collaboration with the Operations Department to ensure the effective day-to-day management and operation of the residential areas of the School including the training, supervision and performance management of all full-time, part-time, and temporary staff.
- Conduct forward planning:
o Induction programs for new students and residential staff
o Allocation of students to dormitories (LINC)
o Together with Foreign Principal: allocations of students to Advisors
- Conduct regular security check, and program risk analysis
- As a senior member of the faculty the Student Life Vice-Principal may be delegated other administrative responsibilities by the Foreign Principal.
- Bachelor degree above, with relevant professional background;
- Familiar with IB Curriculum;
- Experience in a boarding school;
- Have good Understanding in Chinese culture and foreign;
- Currently in China Work visa qualified
- Competitive Basic salary
- Free accommodation
- Flight allowance
- Health insurance
- Meal allowance
- Summer vacation/Winter vacation
- Christmas holiday more than 1 week
- Working visa supported
Post date: 2021-05-31