Early Year Classroom Teacher
About The SchoolDulwich group comprises ten schools in seven cities and four countries in Asia. Learn more about this school
Dulwich College Suzhou has 941 students aged 2 – 18 and offers the English Early Years Foundation Stage Framework, the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and the IB Diploma with outstanding results.
Early Year Classroom Teacher role is to:
1. Know Students and How they Learn：Dulwich teachers are expected to have insightful and detailed knowledge of the developmental characteristics and learning needs of the children they teach. They also need to have expertise in meeting the wide range of individual learning and pastoral needs of international school children who come from diverse cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds.
2. Plan for and implement effective learning and teaching： Dulwich teachers are expected to have current knowledge of the curriculum in the age range they teach. They set high expectations and challenging developmental and learning goals for their students and use a variety of effective learning and teaching strategies, resources and digital technology to support their students in achieving these goals. They encourage their students to be innovative, imaginative, creative and critical thinkers who are able to work well with others.
3. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning and progress：Dulwich teachers are knowledgeable and effective users of assessment for supporting learning. They use a range of data measures and assessment strategies to inform their evaluation of students’ progress which enables them to plan for learning and to report accurately and effectively on student progress and to design appropriate intervention and support strategies
4.Develop supportive and safe learning environments：Dulwich teachers are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and young people. They ensure a secure, stimulating and well managed learning environment that promotes a sense of safety, support and wellbeing.
5. Demonstrate International-mindedness and Global Citizenship：Dulwich teachers have an appreciation of their own culture as well as openness to the perspectives and beliefs of people from different countries, cultures, religions and languages. They recognise the importance of developing our students to be ethical global citizens.
6. Engage Professionally in Learning and with the Community：Dulwich teachers participate actively in professional learning and work collaboratively with colleagues to improve their practice. They hold themselves accountable to the highest professional standards in their interactions with colleagues, students and parents.
More teaching job openings for early year kids are now await, please visit our home site for access.