¥23-28k/Month Shanghai, China 3 positions available Starting date in 2024-02-01
About The SchoolAthena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. Learn more about this school
Reports to: Head Teacher/Center Manager
An Athena Academic English Teacher is primarily a professional teacher who delivers and manages high quality and engaging
lessons across the Athena curriculum.
Teachers will teach up to a maximum of 100 teaching hours per month. In addition, they may be asked to perform other
administrative duties including facilitating student placement assessments, conducting parent meetings and participating in staff
meetings. During the months of Summer and Winter Camps, regular teaching hours may be increased as per the contract.
This individual will also be expected to engage with a professional, collaborative culture of personal and departmental
responsibility and ongoing improvement and growth.
Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
• Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena
• Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment to create a welcoming, open,
effective and positive learning environment.
• Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximise learning opportunities for all learners.
• Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
• Provide timely and effective student feedback.
• Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning using Athena course files.
• Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings as per Athena Guidelines.
• Conduct student screeners and placement as per Athena guidelines.
• Attend and positively contribute questions, solutions and updates to weekly center staff meeting.
• Share teaching resources with colleagues at all Athena centers.
• Actively participate in professional development, including training workshops and peer observations while implementing
suggestions for improvement.
• Engage reflectively and positively with the routine and ongoing teacher appraisal process.
• Support the Center Manager and Center Head Teacher/Associate Head Teacher with marketing events.
1. Native English speakers with a Bachelor Degree or higher;
2. TEFL/TESOL certificate is required;
3. 2 years' teaching experience is required;
1. Base salary: RMB 21k-26k before tax;
2. Housing allowance: RMB 4000/month;
3. Flight allowance: RMB 6000/year
4. Anual bonus provided;
5. Working age allowance accumulation: RMB 500/year
6. National holidays;
7. Annual leave: 10 days (1 additional day for each working year, up to 15 days);
8. Christmas holiday: 1 day
Post date: 2023-08-30