This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Haileybury International School
Head of English Department – Senior School
¥28K-40K/Month Tianjin, China 1 position available Starting date in 2024-01-31
About The SchoolHaileybury has established Australia’s first international school in China. Learn more about this school
Haileybury College was founded in 1892 in Melbourne, Australia. The school has been acclaimed for its successful educational philosophy and outstanding academic achievement. In 2014, we were ranked the No.1 primary school and No.2 secondary school in Australia. Every year, more than 80% of our graduates go to “Group of Eight” universities. Haileybury is a model of high quality education in Australia.
Haileybury has successfully delivered the VCE to Chinese students in China since 2002. Haileybury’s partner schools are located in over 10 cities across the country, and it has successfully helped many hundreds of Chinese students to enter western universities. In November 2014, Australia Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced Haileybury as a finalist in the Australia-China Achievement Awards during his speech at the Parliament House Dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping, for Haileybury’s ground breaking work in taking Australian secondary education to China.
In China, Haileybury International School is the first sister school of Haileybury College. Even though it is located ten thousand kilometers away from the Australian campus, its education is not far from there at all. Not only does it share Haileybury’s high quality educational resources, but it also inherits the spirit of Haileybury – hard work with a light heart.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of English Department – Senior School reports to International Principal, through the Head
of Senior School (HOSS) and Head of Teaching & Learning (HoTL).
The Head of English Department – Senior School will be responsible to ensure the Department meets all VCAA compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, overseeing the orderly implementation of SACs and their marking, cross marking, and reporting to VCAA of SAC scores / S&N grades / Indicative Examination Grades, and responding to SAC audits when requested by VCAA.
Furthermore they will oversee the Deputy Head of English and teachers within their faculty in such a way that best practice in learning and teaching is achieved in accordance with the standards of Haileybury.
Specifically, the The Head of English Department – Senior School is responsible for:
⚫ Teaching and Learning
• Design a curriculum which fully supports the VCE Program and the associated VCE subjects like Bridging EAL
• Implement, manage, monitor the delivery of a curriculum which caters for students with varying learning styles to ensure best practice in pedagogy in VCE English
• Ensure staff’s teaching pedagogy is linked to the model of instructional teaching practices
• Regularly visit classrooms to develop a rigorous process of ongoing improvement within the department by providing regular feedback to staff within the PREP framework
• Manage the professional development needs of the department by planning and leading a semester based professional development program
• Oversee and delegate the implementation of teaching resources and assessment tasks such as assignments, homework, exams, course handbooks, booklists, weekly outlines, curriculum documents
• Support, assist and advise teachers in matters of classroom management, homework expectations, subject schedules, assessment, report writing, cross marking
• Oversee and coordinate lunchtime and night-time help study sessions for all staff in the department
⚫ Leadership & Management
• Oversee the management of the Deputy Head of English
• Participate in the recruitment of staff, including interviewing for staff and providing effective induction and mentoring of new staff
• Support and assist the management and administration of internal and external events
• Participate with the interviewing of prospective students
• Maintain a clear vision, purpose and high expectations of staff and students
• Assist with the allocation of timetabling of staff in consultation with the International Principal
• Lead the development of extra-curricular activities that are English based
• Lead and develop the English based 3-period electives
⚫ Student Performance using Data
• Devise and implement assessment, monitoring and evaluation procedures including setting appropriate targets for the department and students
• Audit and maintain ongoing record of student performance by collecting and analyzing subject specific data to ensure support for strong VCE EAL outcomes
• Identify students at risk and report to the Head of Teaching and Learning and Head of Academic Programs the development of strategies to help improvement
⚫ Communication & Administration
• Communicate regularly with with other departmental heads to produce systems and programs providing students with a broader understanding of English within all VCE subjects
• Communicate regularly with subject coordinators to ensure efficient running of all subject programs
• Oversee the supervision of examinations including: setting suitable papers, collaborating with administration in preparation of papers, instructing staff on examination guidelines etc.
• Lead and coordinate regular department meetings to track student and teacher program progress, ensuring agendas and minutes are written and distributed to staff
• Ensure the effective and efficient management and organisation of learning resources and equipment
The Head of English Department – Senior School will be a key member of the Whole School English Program Review Committee, chaired by the International Principal, and include the Head of Senior School, Head of Junior School English, Deputy Head of English (SS), Head of Teaching and Learning (SS), Head of Teaching and Learning (JS)and other members as seconded.
The above list is not inclusive to all the tasks that the Head of English – Senior School would need to complete and there are on occasions other associated tasks that will need to be completed as directed by the International Principal
Position is normally a 2-year appointment and will be reviewed at the end of each Academic School
Career path development is available as positions are advertised, and will require a formal application
and interview process
-English Native speakers
-Bachelor degree above
-at least 2-5 years VCE/A-LEVEL/IB/ Canadian Curriculum/New Zealand Curriculum teaching experiences
-Holding teaching license
-2 years contract
-28k-40k/Month for basic salary
-Full pay salary during summer and winter holidays
-Apartment provided outside of the school
-Holidays:October National Day (one week), Winter Break (three weeks in January and February), Mid Semester vacation (one week around April and one week around December) and Summer Break (six weeks in July and August)
-Working visa provided
Post date: 2023-08-29